Here is another nutritious dinner recipe for you, which is perfect for little hands. My little man loves one of these fritters served with my homemade Parmesan Chicken Nuggets.
It also makes around 12 fritters, so I like to freeze them in a container or zip-lock bag and then defrost and heat one whenever I need it. So handy!
And to top it off, it contains the perfect combination of tryptophan, complex carbohydrates and calcium to help promote sleep. 🙂
Zucchini & Fetta Fritters
3-4 zucchinis, coarsely chopped
1 onion, grated
1 garlic clove, minced
150g fetta, crumbled
1/3 cup parmesan, finely grated
1-2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
3 slices wholemeal or wholegrain bread
1 tablespoon salt, for preparing zucchini
Wholemeal flour, for rolling
Olive oil, for shallow frying
1. Place the zucchini into a colander, sprinkle with salt and set it aside to drain for 30 minutes. This draws the liquid out of the zucchini and results in a better texture when making the fritters.
2. Meanwhile, place onion, garlic, eggs, fetta, parmesan and dill into a large bowl.
3. Process bread into crumbs using a food processor or stick mixer.
4. After 30 minutes, rinse zucchini well under cold water, wrap in a clean tea towel and pat dry, gently squeezing any excess liquid out.
5. Add zucchini and bread crumbs to mixture and stir to combine.
4. Set up a separate bowl with the flour.
5. Divide mixture into around 12 pieces and roll each piece in the flour, shaping them into fritters.
6. Shallow fry each fritter until golden brown and cooked through.
My little man loves the dill in this recipe, but if your little ones aren’t used to herbs, just leave it out. The dill really does make this recipe something special though. Enjoy! 🙂